Have you ever wondered what the Big Island of Hawaii is like? Have you been to the Big Island of Hawaii? I have not been there and I have always wondered what it is like. I knew that it isn’t as touristy as the island of Oahu and not as many people live there and I knew that it was the largest island of all of the Hawaiian Islands.
But that’s really about all I knew about it. I decided to go looking online for pictures of the biggest Hawaiian Island and see what it really looks like. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words and yes, I believe it’s true!
I was amazed at what I found! I didn’t know there were active volcanoes on the island and you can actually see an active volcano if you’re lucky. There is a national park called Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and there is a lava tube you can walk through.
I understand there are hikes you can go on if you like to see the volcanoes better. The beaches on the big island are beautiful and not as busy as on other islands. Of course, the green vegetation is gorgeous and I hear that Hilo is just lovely. See below for 25 stunning photos of the Big Island of Hawaii, you’ll be impressed.
Other stunning photos of Hawaii:
1. Road Covered by Tree Canopies on Big Island, Hawaii
2. Hawaii Big Island Beach
3. Pololu Valley in Big Island, Hawaii
4. Waipio Valley Lookout on Big Island, Hawaii
5. Thurston Lava Tube in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii
6. Rocky Coast Line, Big Island, Hawaii
7. Big Island of Hawaii Back Road
8. Ancient Polynesian Tiki Wooden Carvings – Ki’i Pu’uhonua O Honaunau National Park
9. Telescopes on Top of Mauna Kea Summit, Big Island, Hawaii
10. Molten Lava, Big Island, Hawaii
11. Lava Erupting into Pacific Ocean on Big Island, Hawaii
12. Buckets of Brilliant Anthuriums and Proteas Sit Ready “For Sale” at the Hilo Farmer’s Market on the Big Island of Hawaii.
13. Pacific ocean From a Sandy Beach on the Big Island of Hawaii
14. Papaya Plants, Big Island, Hawaii
15. Hakalau Bridge at Big Island,Hawaii
16. Green Sea Turtles, Big Island Hawaii
17. Brilliant Orange Flame Vine Blooms on the Big Island of Hawaii
18. Rainbow Falls, The Big Island, Hawaii
19. Rainbow Falls Hawaii
20. Hawaiian Jungle, Big Island
21. Beach on the Big Island in Stormy Weather, Hawaii
22. Hilo’s Farmer’s Market
23. A Buddha By the Ocean on the Big Island of Hawaii
24. Lava Tree State Monument in Hawaii
25. Lava Erupting into Pacific Ocean in Hawaii, Big Island